- Praise for Adama:"Adama is not only a warm, funny and fascinating book, it is also a very brave one. It deserves to be read."--The Times (London)"Al-Hamad has written a charming and involving coming-of-age tale. Always humane and often humorous, Adama has much to say about the foibles of the adolescent mind.
- Voices from the Other World: Ancient Egyptian Tales
- “Mahfouz is the single most important writer in modern Arabic literature.” —Newsday“The incredible variety of Mahfouz’s writings continues to dazzle our eyes.” —The Washington Post“Mahfouz’s characters blaze with intensity, his Egypt pulsates with unresolved tensions.
- The Open Door
- ''Not only a great novel, but a literary landmark that shaped our consciousness.'' -- Abdel Moneim Tallima.
- Points of Departure
- Text: English, Hebrew --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- Chaos of the Senses
- Ahlam Mosteghanemi received her B.A. in Arabic literature from the University of Algiers in 1973, and was awarded a doctorate in sociology from the Sorbonne in 1982. She is the author of Memory in the Flesh (AUC Press, 1999), which was awarded the Naguib Mahfouz Medal for Literature.
- Farewell to Alexandria: Eleven Short Stories
- Harry Tzalas was born and educated in Alexandria. In 1956, he emigrated with his family to Brazil before settling in Greece. He is the founder and president of the Hellenic Institute for Ancient and Medieval Alexandrian Studies, based in Athens.
- An Introduction to Religion
- This masterpiece is an exceptional gift to the spiritually-minded to read the Divine revelations of this great Sufi Master. -- Sufism: An Inquiry, Summer 1997.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next