- Sharks (Mega Bites)
- Dr Miranda MacQuitty is a marine biologist, a best-selling author, and an exhibition scriptwriter for museums. Consultant, Dr Philip Whitfield has written numerous books on natural history and conservation topics.
- Merriam-Webster's School Dictionary
- The Merriam brothers desired a continuity of editorship that would link Noah Webster's efforts with their own editions, so they selected Chauncey A. Goodrich, Webster's son-in-law and literary heir, who had been trained in lexicography by Webster himself, to be their editor in chief. Webster's son William also served as an editor of that first Merriam-Webster dictionary, which was published on September 24, 1847.
- The American Heritage Student Dictionary
- Grade 6-9--This new edition of an old standby is brightened up considerably with more than 2000 full-color photographs and illustrations, and 3000 new definitions. Marginal notes appear throughout the book, providing information about regional uses, common grammatical errors, word roots, and pronunciation; these added features, while entertaining, are too random to act as real resources.
- Seven Mysterious Wonders of the World: A Pop-Up Book
- -- Miami Herald, June 1995 Over the past several years, Chronicle has published a delightful series of hand-size pop-up books on the "wonders" of the world. This volume looks at such legendary spots as Atlantis, the Bermuda Trianle, Shangri-La -- places that "pop up" in conversation, but aren't fully known or understood.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next