- Conversations: Readings for Writing
- Key Benefit: 158 readings present an extraordinary variety of genres, authors, voices, and viewpoints on contemporary issues. The diversity of opinions expressed and the currentness of issues explored encourage the reader to "join the conversation." Key Topics: Organized around issues of public concern (censorship, affirmative action, sexual harassment, the internet, etc.
- Entrepreneur Magazine: Human Resources for Small Businesses
- This comprehensive resource explores the full spectrum of personnel issues, detailing the legal way to deal with everything from recruiting employees to terminating them. And if the company grows, there's even a chapter on how to hire a human resources manager! Contains simple guidelines on pertinent legislation involving civil rights, affirmative action, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Your Rights in the Workplace
- "An easy-to-use guide of employee legal rights, suggested strategies and resources." (Detroit News 20070501)"Helps you decide whether to see a lawyer if you think you've been fired without cause, faced discrimination or harassment, or otherwise been treated unfairly." (BusinessWeek )"This book is a great resource on workers' rights, covering everything from affirmative action to wrongful demotion.