- Trinity Alps: A Hiking and Backpacking Guide
- At 9,002 feet, the tallest peak in the Trinity Alps of northwestern California hardly compares to the High Sierras; but when solitude is important, such comparisons are meaningless anyway. As the authors gladly point out in their introduction to this assortment of 32 different day hikes and backpacking trips, "Bigger is not necessarily better.
- Hiking Colorado's Weminuche Wilderness
- The most comprehensive guide to the Weminuche Wilderness area, with detailed and accurate information on 39 hikes ranging from short strolls to overnight backpacking trips. Includes detailed maps, elevation profiles, trail finder charts, and tips on viewing wildlife.
- Hiking Joshua Tree National Park: 38 Day and Overnight Hikes (Where to Hike Series)
- Hiking Joshua Tree National Park provides detailed information on thirty-eight of the best day hikes and extended backpacking trips in this desert wonderland 140 miles east of Los Angeles. The diverse landscape—shaped by strong winds, unpredictable precipitation, and climatic extremes—offers numerous opportunities for year-round exploration.