- Julie of the Wolves
- Miyax, like many adolescents, is torn. But unlike most, her choices may determine whether she lives or dies. At 13, an orphan, and unhappily married, Miyax runs away from her husband's parents' home, hoping to reach San Francisco and her pen pal. But she becomes lost in the vast Alaskan tundra, with no food, no shelter, and no idea which is the way to safety.
- Protected (Watched Series Book 2)
- "This anticipated sequel sizzles with equal parts thriller, suspense and romance. A spine tingling story I could not put down." - C.K.Bryant, author of BOUND"From bully's to terrorists, Christy faces challenge after challenge in this stunning sequel that raises the stakes, both for her safety, and her love-life.
- The Last Rhinos: My Battle to Save One of the World's Greatest Creatures
- Praise for The Last Rhinos“A riveting account by a compassionate, dedicated man.”—Kirkus Reviews“Riddled with heartfelt anecdotes, Anthony’s brave crusade to save these mammals—even at great risk to his own safety—reads like a safari adventure, a history lesson, and a warning that our careless ways will bring an end to so many magnificent species.
- Annie John (Unabridged Audiobook - Read by the Author)
- Jamaica Kincaid beautifully delineates hatred and fear, because she knows they are often a step away from love and obsession. At the start of Annie John, her 10-year-old heroine is engulfed in family happiness and safety. Though Annie loves her father, she is all eyes for her mother. When she is almost 12, however, the idyll ends and she falls into deep disfavor.
- South Beach Shakedown (The Mick Sever Music & Mystery Series)
- Bruns substitutes exotic locale for suspense in his lukewarm third beach-based mystery (after 2003's Barbados Heat) featuring music journalist Mick Sever. Based in Chicago, Mick heads to Miami when he hears from his ex-wife, Ginny, that her client, legendary rocker Gideon Pike, has vanished. Pike's sudden disappearance leads Ginny, who's editing his forthcoming memoirs, to fear for his safety.
- Process Scale Purification of Antibodies
- The cutting edge in antibody purification written by industry expertsBiopharmaceutical companies are under extreme pressure to develop robust and economical large-scale processes while consistently meeting regulatory standards for safety and purity. Traditional column chromatography dominates today's purification trains, and many of the productivity gains rely on upscaling such devices.
- The Whistling Season
- [Signature]Reviewed by Rick BassAny writer's work should be judged solely on its own merits, yet in this fine novel by Ivan Doig, one may be forgiven for marveling at the creation of such a work at an advanced stage of this writer's illustrious career. (Wallace Stegner—to whom, as with Doig, landscape was character and event in any story, and particularly Western landscapes—comes to mind with his classic Crossing to Safety.
- The New Grilling Book (Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen)
- Better Homes and Gardens's The New Grilling Book opens with an introduction offering good advice on grill types, fuel types, safety, and maintenance basics. The several hundred recipes include condiments, appetizers, main dishes, and desserts--all prepared right on the grill. Each recipe has specific directions for charcoal and gas grills, along with a chapter on smoke cooking.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 Next