- The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals
- "Even cows, when they frisk about from pleasure, throw up their tails in a ridiculous fashion." So writes Charles Darwin in his magnum opus on how humans and animals display such emotions as fear, anger, disdain, and pleasure; it is work that has in most respects been sustained by later scientific research.
- Handbook of Medicinal Herbs, Second Edition
- Of interest to those who involved in the use of herbs in the medicinal environment
A fine reference work.-J. Elliot, Southeastern Naturalist, 2002
the perfect herbal reference. This is a tall order but it is one that James A. Duke, Ph.D., et al, filled quite well
describes most herbs concisely and, in an equally concise manner, evaluates the scientific research on their use.
- KILL THE QUEEN!: The Eight Assassination Attempts on Queen Victoria
- Barrie Charles has a PhD in scientific research, but most of his career was spent in marketing. The last seven years he has worked as a journalist for a trade publication. He has been engaged in historical research for the last ten years. This is his third book, but the first in the 'true crime' genre.
- Natural Physician's Healing Therapies: Proven Remedies that Medical Doctors Don't Know
- ADVANCE PRAISE "Mark Stengler is a leader in the new wave of true healers -- a highly trained physician who integrates the best of natural medicine with scientific research and real-life clinical experience." --Michael T. Murray, N.D., coauthor Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine and author of Total Body Tune-Up --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- The Autobiography of Charles Darwin
- Those who read this reissue of Charles Darwin's AUTOBIOGRAPHY (1876), first published in 1887, will surely benefit from this great naturalist's own recollections of the development of his scientific theory of organic evolution. Furthermore, the included letters, edited by his son Francis Darwin, offer salient insights into the personal life and scientific research of this famous Victorian geobiologist.
- Beginning Behavioral Research: A Conceptual Primer (7th Edition)
- Focused on students as potential educated consumers of scientific research (rather than as professional producers of research), this text walks them step-by-step through the process of designing and conducting an empirical study, analyzing and interpreting the data, and reporting the findings and conclusions -- and in the process, encourages and prepares them to be analytical and critical in interpreting research findings -- whatever their source
- Research Methods: A Process of Inquiry
- Research Methods: A Process of Inquiry explores the entire range of research methodologies in psychology, using a programmatic approach to introduce topics and build on earlier presentations to increase student understanding. The authors emphasize research concepts, rather than simply presenting cookbook-like strategies, to help students develop an understanding of scientific research.
- The World As I See It
- “Without the sense of fellowship with men of like mind, of preoccupation with the objective, the eternally unattainable in the field of art and scientific research, life would have seemed to me empty.” —Albert Einstein, Forum and Century.
- The Tale of Bambu Mouse
- Marianne Bouldin is the cofounder of the Hope Fund for Sarcoma Reserch, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing ''seed funding'' for novel approaches to the scientific research of rare cancers. She has spent close to two decades advocating for the right of cancer patients.
- The Reality of ESP: A Physicist's Proof of Psychic Abilities
- In The Reality of ESP: A Physicist’s Proof of Psychic Abilities, Russell Targ shares his comprehensive scientific research to provide convincing evidence that by quieting our minds we can access information in the field of potentiality where there is no distance in space and time.
- Breve historia del Imperio bizantino (Breve Historia (nowtilus)) (Spanish Edition)
- David Barreras MartInez has a degree in food science and technology from the Polytechnic University of Valencia. Currently he is working with Cristina DurAn on a project that studies the Mediterranean expansion of the AragOn Monarchy. He is also a scientific researcher in biotechnology for a company created by the High Council on Scientific Research (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones CientIficas).
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next