- The Rough Guide to Syria
- The Rough Guide to Syria is the essential guide to this compact but culturally rich Middle Eastern country. Features include: Thorough accounts of all the monuments, from the ancient remains at Palmyra and Ugarit to stately mosques and hilltop crusader castles. Practical advice on shopping in the souks of Damascus and Aleppo and exploring the desert plains.
- Ritual and Cult at Ugarit (Writings from the Ancient World)
- The Ugaritic ritual texts provide the only extensive documentary data for Late Bronze cultic practice in the greater Syro-Palestinian region. These texts, in a West-Semitic language that belongs to the same family as Hebrew and Aramaic, reflect the actual practice of a sacrificial cult in the city of Ugarit in the late 12th to early 11th century BCE.
- Canaanite Religion: According to the Liturgical Texts of Ugarit
- Presents a view of ancient Canaanite religion. Topics include: the Canaanite pantheon, liturgy, the cultic duties of the king, the palace cult, the funerary cult, the religion of everyday life, and the cult as can be determined from Canaanite mythology and epic. Those interested in the history of early Israelite religion, will find this work extremely informative.