- Inferno: The World at War, 1939-1945 (Vintage)
- Praise for Inferno: "The best one-volume history of the war yet written. . . . It is in all ways a monumental achievement. . . . A relatively brief review can only begin to indicate the depth, breadth, complexity and pervasive humanity of this extraordinary book.
- Love You More Than You Know: Mothers' Stories About Sending Their Sons and Daughters to War
- A book you can't put down . . . incredibly riveting --WGAR FM, May 1, 2009Packed with images and moments that resonate with the reader long after the stories are told . . . offers a powerful statement about the sacrifices made not only by those who serve, but also by those left behind. --Cleveland Magazine, May 2009Personal feelings about the war itself are not even considered - they are meaningless.
- War Against War!
- First published in Germany in 1924 as a protest against war, this collection of gruesome photographs and disgusted, sarcastic captions (in many cases, juxtaposing official slogans and rhetoric with brutal reality) will shock and dismay the reader. The images here include the dead on battlefields, destroyed buildings, starving civilians, army executions, cemeteries and, perhaps most disturbing, shots of soldiers disfigured in battle.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 101 Next